"I'm in a hurry to get things done. I rush and rush until life's no fun.
All I really gotta do is live and die.
I'm in a hurry, but don't know why." - Alabama
Being human is exhausting. We seem to always be rushing around from one task or activity to the next, seldom slowing down. When this occurs, we risk missing out on all the beauty that life offers us. This is unfortunate, but did you realize that it can also be unhealthy? By wearing ourselves out without proper rest, we risk suffering physical and/or emotional breakdowns that can leave us and those we come into contact with damaged in our wake.
When you feel zapped of energy, emotionally fragile, lashing out at others, and/or devaluing the contributions of family and friends, it's your body's way of telling you that it's time to disconnect for a while and recharge your battery. Here are a couple "quick and easy" suggestions that work for me: - find a quiet place, close your eyes, and relive a favorite childhood memory in your mind
- talk to a little kid about something they enjoy doing
- listen to/watch a relaxation video on YouTube
- seek out a handful of people and tell them what you love about them
- read a positive story about mankind
- play with a puppy or a kitten
- give yourself permission to do nothing for a few minutes - then do nothing!
We all want to be Eveready, but even an Eveready needs to be recharged from time to time.